1. If you don’t write your story, who will?
2. Procrastinate… but then write.
3. You make time to go to the gym, work, sleep, socialise, so why not make time to write?
4. Research is MASSIVE and time consuming and from all the info you collate, you’ll condense it to two lines in your story.
5. Give yourself permission to write a ‘vomit’ draft (get it out of you). You can fix a bad page but you can’t fix a blank page.
Share your tips below!
Lucy Clark has published many romance novels with publishing giant Harlequin Mills & Boon. Her books have been translated into over 20 languages and have sold in excess of one million copies. She holds a Graduate Certificate in Professional Writing and has completed her Master of Arts (Writing & Literature). Lucy will be holding a workshop on Writing Great Dialogue on 7 November 2015 where she will impart more writing wisdom and help you to learn how to perfect the art of writing romance stories and scenes.