Literary programs, workshops, events and talks—plus events for Writers SA members. See what’s on, both in person and online.
Often we want to write about truth and lived experience but might shy away from revealing too much to the world about who we truly are or what we went through. How do we decide what to reveal to an audience, and what innovative or original ways might we decide to go about it? Join Alice Pung to explore new ways of integrating fact with fiction (or creative nonfiction) to tell your stories.
Drawing on Susan Johnson’s experience as the author of 14 acclaimed books, including the strikingly original Aphrodite's Breath, you will deep dive into the art of memoir, from voice and the writerly “I”, to structure and focus, with prompts, exercises, and guidance to enrich your creative practice.
Are you an aspiring or developing poet looking to come together with other poets to hone your craft, kick start older poems, or steer your poetry into new areas? Poet and author Heather Taylor-Johnson will introduce new and old concepts in this four month intensive.
Not yet a Writers SA member? Join for as little as $60 and unlock a range of benefits!
- 30% discount on all workshops and services
- a free 20-minute consultation with our Director upon sign up
- advice, information and support in your writing activities
- career pathway support and opportunities
- access to a community of writers
- opportunities to meet industry professionals
- opportunities for publication and promotion
… and much more!