Busybird Publishing is now running their Eggcellent Manuscript Assessment Competition, in which winners – in the categories of Novel, Memoir, Self-help, Kids Picture Book, and Poetry – will each receive a comprehensive manuscript assessment.
A manuscript assessment is a report examining structure, content/plot, prose, characters, grammar, punctuation, spelling, publishability, and marketing. This is a critical part of the development of a manuscript.
- the entry fee is just $25.00
- submit the first 5,000 words
- pitch your book in two sentences (on the entry form)
- download the entry form, fill it out, and send it back (if you save the entry form to your computer, you can fill it in directly)
- manuscripts don’t have to be finished, but do need to hit a certain word ceiling (check the entry form)
- you can enter as many times as you like!
It’s that simple!
- Submissions open 1st July and close 15th August.
- Winners will be announced at Busybird Publishing’s Open Mic Night on 18th September
- Every entrant will get a 15-minute consult with our director of Publishing, Blaise van Hecke.