This competition is a combined photographic and writers competition. It is a competition that aims to demonstrate how the story of a photograph is seen through the eye of the beholder.
The 20 finalists photographic images for 2018 have been identified and can be viewed at https://inmyview.net.au/index.
Individual writers and groups are invited to create a story in prose or poetry inspired by one of these images.
The resultant body of work (photographs and stories) will then be published in a limited edition book.
The topic for 2018 is “We are Australian”
Conditions of entry for writers:
- All entries must be the original and unpublished work of the submitting author.
- Entries must be written in English, not more than 500 words, and submitted via the entry form as an MS Word document. Please use a standard font such as Times, Arial, Helvetica and save the file using a .doc, .docx or .docm file extension.
- Include, in the file name, the number of the photograph to which your work corresponds (e.g. photograph#_yourlastname_yourfirstname.doc). Do not put your name on the manuscript.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions
- Each piece must be titled
- Submit your manuscript and take advantage of pre-ordering your discounted copy of the Photo Book.
- Copyright remains with the authour who grants the In My View organisers a limited licence to publish the work in the competition book and or on this website and to give copy of your story/stories to the photographer for their use only after judging is complete.
- Entries Close September 15th 2017