We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join Writers SA in our key leadership role. We are seeking a highly motivated, organised, and visionary Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation into its exciting new chapter, following a bold 38-year history.
ABOUT WRITERS SA
The vision of Writers SA is to put South Australian writers at the forefront of national literary culture.
Writers SA is based in Adelaide and has a current state-wide membership of approximately 800, including some interstate and international members.
Currently, the organisation is in the early stages of a four-year State Government operational grant with additional grant funding pending for new projects. Approximately 30% of the total revenue of the organisation is earned through memberships and workshop fees, with strong reserves.
Writers SA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and program. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with disabilities. Writers SA is located on Kaurna Country, and we acknowledge Kaurna people as the original storytellers of this place. We pay our respects and give thanks to Kaurna elders past and present, and to all First Nations people on whose lands we live, work and create.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Starting in early 2024, the CEO is responsible for the artistic and strategic direction of the organisation and enhancing our vibrant member community. The successful applicant with have a strong record of achievement in an arts leadership role, including the ability to deliver an artistic vision, which will benefit both Writers SA members and the broader literary community, as well as the ability to communicate and advocate with confidence and passion to the wider community, funding bodies, donors, staff and others.
As CEO, the successful applicant will have experience providing inspirational leadership and managing staff within a not-for-profit arts organisation, strong business acumen, and delivering on organisational strategic objectives.
Download the Position Description:
- When after reading through the position description document and visiting our website, if you have further questions about the role, contact Bronwyn Tilley, Operations Manager on [email protected]
- Please submit the following information:
- A cover letter outlining how you and your experience would be a good fit for Writers SA, addressing the selection criteria (no more than 4 x A4 pages at size 12 font)
- A copy of your CV
- A brief outline of your vision for Writers SA (no more than 1 x A4 page at size 12 font)
- The names and contact details of three professional referees
- Send as a word document or PDF with your name and the position title as the document name
- Please email applications to Bronwyn Tilley, Operations Manager, at [email protected] by 5pm Monday 8 January 2024
- Shortlisting will quickly take place, with interviews held promptly during the week commencing January 15th, and will be held online via Zoom
- The start date of this role is as soon as is practicable.