$60 inc GST
We offer a discounted membership rate if you are a writer permanently residing in a suburb or town listed as regional or remote. You get all the benefits of full membership AND discounted rates to regional workshops and events if you’re under 30 with our No Limits program.
Writers SA welcomes writers at all stages of their careers and development, from beginners and those starting out, to those of you who are emerging and established. Regional Writers SA membership offers access to the writing industry and community in the state. Plus, you will receive:
- 30% discount on all Writers SA events and workshops, in person and online
- free 20-minute consultation about your writing with our Director upon sign up (valued at $100)
- exclusive early-bird booking periods for selected workshops and events
- discounts on all services including Manuscript Assessment Service, First Feedback and Consultations
- access to our members only Mentorship Program
- weekly e-news, featuring opportunities, competitions, events and program details
- access to information, consultation, advice and guidance from the Writers SA team
- promotional support including an online writer profile
- recognition for your writing achievements in our Member Milestones
- access to member-only opportunities and competitions, including our Varuna residency
- access to member only events, information sessions and networking opportunities
- guidance on pathways to publication
- access to a member-only online resource library
- professional development opportunities
- opportunities for book and event promotion
- access to member only resources online
- regular special offers, prizes and giveaways
- reciprocal membership discounts at interstate writers centres (member rates on workshops)***
- discount subscription to Artlink Magazine***
- discount subscription to Australian Writer’s Marketplace***
- discount subscription to Griffith Review***
- discount subscription to Books+Publishing***
- discounted advertising****
- invitations to our Annual General Meeting and the opportunity to get involved with the Writers SA Board
- priority consideration for employment options such as workshop leaders, talks/seminars
- …and membership to your professional organisation looks great on your writing CV!
Membership will also allow you to support the literary sector in South Australia. Writers SA is a not-for-profit member organisation, and the largest employer of writers in the state. Your fees go towards supporting the state’s writers and advocating on their behalf.
‘Writers SA has been hugely instrumental in the development of my career. During my early years as an emerging writer, the centre enabled my introduction to South Australia’s literary community through the various events and workshops it held. The importance of this should not be underestimated. Many other South Australian writers – particularly those in rural areas – have since spoken to me about how encouraging and supportive they find this link to a writing community.’
– Hannah Kent, author Burial Rites, The Good People, and Devotion.
If you earn an income from writing, your Writers SA membership fee and any course fees may also be tax deductible as professional development expenses.
Membership fees are non-refundable and these benefits may change from time to time.
* note we reserve the right to refuse advertising at our discretion
** subject to Terms and Conditions
*** contact us on inf[email protected] or 8223 7662 to claim a discount subscription
**** Writers SA accepts Centrelink Health Care Cards and Student cards; you’ll be asked to provide the CRN (Customer Reference Number) or student number from your card when filling out the online application form.