FOOD BLOGGING AWARDS COMPETITION RULES
1. The competition is open to all Australian food bloggers.
2. There will be 4 categories – food or food/travel narrative, restaurant review, Best New Blog under 12 months old and best recipe post. The narrative & review section will be decided by judges Barbara Santich and Annabelle Baker. The Best New Blog and recipe categories will be judged by Amanda McInerney and Jennifer Schmidt of Food Bloggers Australia.
3. Each entrant will be permitted ONE entry only in ONE of the above categories.
4. The entry post MUST be from a blog post which has been published in the last 4 months leading up to the closing date of the competition.
5. The entries must be no more than 700 words.
6. All entries must be submitted with the name of the blog, the full name of the author and an email address. Entries for the narrative or review section must be submitted in 2 ways – the URL of the actual post and a Pdf of the text only – no images. To enter the Best New Blog and recipe section, the URL of the blog post must be submitted.
7. The narrative and review entries will be judged anonymously and will be judged on originality, a distinctive personal voice, clarity of expression and the degree to which it engages the attention of the reader. In the case of restaurant reviews the judges will also be looking at accuracy, evidence of culinary knowledge, a degree of objectivity and attention to general aspects of the restaurant experience. The Best New Blog will be judged on individual voice, design, writing and photography skills and the recipe section will be judged on originality, use of fresh ingredients, ease of recipe use (readability, etc.).
8. The competition will open at 9.00am (CST) on Monday 30 June 2014 and close at 1700hrs (CST) Sunday 20 July. The winners will be announced at 12 noon on Friday 25 July 2014 and notified by email and posted on our respective websites.
9. The judges decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All entries to be sent to [email protected]