We have an exciting opportunity to join Writers SA as our Program Manager, starting in January 2023.
The Program Manager is the key creative programming role at Writers SA. Based anywhere in South Australia, the Program Manager oversees a statewide program of literary skills development courses and author events to promote, develop and showcase writing and literary production. As this position involves the delivery of live and digital events across South Australia, some travel and out of hours work may be required.
VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION [pdf]
VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION [.docx]
- When after reading through this document and visiting our website, if you have further questions about the role, contact Jessica Alice, CEO at [email protected]
- Applications must consist of a one-page cover letter, two-page (max.) response to the KSC, a brief CV, and the names and contact details of three professional referees emailed as a single Word document or PDF with your name and the position title as the document name
- Applications should be sent to Jessica Alice, CEO, at [email protected] by 11:59pm Tuesday 29 November. Shortlisting will quickly take place, with interviews held promptly between Tuesday 6 and Thursday 8 December January at the Writers SA offices, or on Zoom. If you are unavailable on these dates please note your alternate availability in your cover letter.
- The start date of this role is mid January 2023 or as is practicable.
- If the successful candidate is based in regional South Australia, a travel subsidy will be
provided to attend any required time at the head office in Adelaide.
ABOUT WRITERS SA
Writers SA is the peak not-for-profit organisation for literature in South Australia. Established in 1985, we were the first writers’ centre in Australia, and continue to support writers of all ages and experience levels on writing craft and publishing. From our program of online and in-person workshops, to events and festivals, regional program, residencies, prizes and grants, we showcase and support a diverse writing community with members across South Australia and beyond.
Writers SA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with disabilities.
Writers SA is located on Kaurna Country, and we acknowledge Kaurna people as the original storytellers of this place. We pay our respects and give thanks to Kaurna elders past and present, and to all First Nations people on whose lands we live, work and create.