Writers SA is hiring an Operations Manager to join the team in February 2022. The Operations Manager is a newly created role overseeing Writers SA’s membership program, general administration and project management. It is a customer-facing role as the first point of contact between our members, the public and the Writers SA team. The Operations Manager ensures the smooth running of our membership program, organisation systems and processes, and our many dynamic literary projects. It will suit a highly organised individual with a background in administration, production or project management. This position offers the flexibility to split between working in our office and working from home.
1. When after reading through the Position Description document and visiting our website, if you have further questions about the role, contact Jessica Alice, Director, at [email protected]
2. Applications must consist of a one-page cover letter, two-page (max.) response to the KSC, a brief CV, and the names and contact details of three professional referees emailed as a single Word document or PDF with your name and the position title as the document name
3. Applications should be sent to Jessica Alice, Director, at [email protected] by 11:59pm Sunday 23 January. Shortlisting will quickly take place, with interviews held promptly between Monday 24 and Friday 28 January at the Writers SA offices, or on Zoom if necessary. If you are unavailable on these dates please note your alternate availability in your cover letter.
4. The start date of this role is early February 2022 or as early as is practicable.
5. All Writers SA staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless medically exempt, as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy.
ABOUT WRITERS SA
Writers SA is a not for profit organisation that aims to foster, develop and promote writers and writing. Established in 1985, Writers SA was the first writers’ centre in Australia, and continues to act as a resource for writers of all ages and experiences, assisting both new and established writers on every aspect of writing craft and publishing.
Writers SA is located on Kaurna Country, and we acknowledge Kaurna people as the original storytellers of this place. We pay our respects and give thanks to Kaurna elders past and present, and to all First Nations people on whose lands we live, work and create.