with Victoria Purman
Thinking about media releases, giving interviews or speaking on panels as a writer can be stressful. There's headshots to get done, media requests, and did you know there's a certain way to hold your book when posing for the camera? Add in the prospect of a book tour with curly questions from the audience and now all you want to do is shut your door and employ a publicist. Take the fear and unknown out of it with tips and tricks from a former journalist, media adviser, literary festival panel chair and Australian bestselling novelist, Victoria Purman.
Participants will learn:
- • how to talk about yourself and your writing to spruik your book or business
- • how to make a cracker of a launch speech that will drive more sales
- • want to do a Q&A? Tips and tricks for finding the perfect interviewer
- • how to prepare for an interview and answer the inevitable difficult or tricky questions
- • how to overcome nerves and gain on-camera confidence (including what not to say)
- • how to pose in promotional photos
- • what makes a journalist tick and why do they ask 'those' questions
Victoria Purman is a multi-published, award-nominated, Amazon Kindle bestselling author whose fourteenth novel, The Land Girls, was published in 2019. Victoria has worked in and around the Adelaide media for nearly thirty years as an ABC television and radio journalist, a speechwriter to a Premier, political adviser, editor, media adviser and private sector communications consultant. She is a a regular guest at writers festivals, has been nominated for a number of readers’ choice awards and was a judge in the fiction category for the 2018 Adelaide Festival Awards for Literature.
Full Price $115 / Writers SA Members Price $77
Venue: Hutt St Library, Community Meeting Room, Level 2, 235 Hutt St, Adelaide (enter via doorway off Hutt St).