A 12-month program for writers working towards completing their first full length manuscript
January - December 2018
Are you looking for some structured support to help you finish your book? The First Draft program provides monthly writing group meetings, a tailored workshop series, professional feedback and consultations, access to a season of our Daily Inspiration prompts, and peer support to keep you on track to complete your first draft by the end of the year.
This program is suitable for people writing fiction and narrative nonfiction in any genre, including poetry.
The program includes:
- 10 x group meetings (February - November)
- 6 x half day workshops of your choice (see recommended workshops below)
- 1 x in-depth consultation about your writing project
- 1 x First Feedback
- 1 x Daily Inspirations prompts
- 1 x TWELVE writing intensive
- Access to a private online space to share work and ideas
- Support from Writers SA staff
Monthly Group Meetings:
February - November on the fourth Wednesdays of the month, 5:30–7pm
Recommended Workshop Series:
A series of 6 half-day workshops specifically designed for writers working on their first manuscript. These workshops will be programmed regularly through the year. You are not required to do these specific workshops, but these are tailored to First Draft participants.
- Getting Started (Sunday 14 January 10:30am)
- Structure and Plotting (Saturday 24 February 10:30am)
- Character (Saturday 7 April 10:30am)
- Point of View (Saturday 16 June 10:30am)
- Setting (Saturday 11 August 10:30am)
- Show Don't Tell (Saturday 13 October 10:30)
Full Price $1350 Writers SA Member Price $890