All members are invited to join us for Writers SA's Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of Writers SA (the SA Writers Centre Incorporated – ABN 40783458265) will be held at Thursday 25 May, 6pm via Zoom.
The 2023 Annual General Meeting Agenda:
- Welcome and apologies
- Minutes of 2022 AGM
- Annual Reports of 2022 activities:
- CEO’s Report
- Chair’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of auditor for 2023
- Election of members to the Board of Management
Please register your attendance by 2pm Thursday 25 May. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link. Please check your spam if you don't see the confirmation.
Call for Board of Management Nominations
The Writers SA Board of Management consists of eight members. All current financial members are eligible to nominate for the Board of Management. The term of office is two years, with four members expiring at each AGM. Board of Management members are unpaid, and must have a strong commitment to writers and writing. This year there are five vacant positions up for election and we are seeking nominees.
Writers SA is seeking to fill key skills priorities on the Board in 2023, including accounting, finance, fundraising, philanthropy and law.
If there are more nominees than positions available, there will be a vote. Voting information will be circulated via email to all members on Friday 19 May.
Nominations for the Board of Management must be received in writing by 5:00pm Thursday 18 May by completing a nomination form and emailing it to [email protected]
If you want to attend the meeting or nominate yourself for a board position but are not a current member, join Writers SA now.
Are you a member?
Not yet a Writers SA member? Join here for as little as $60!
Writers SA members receive
- 30% discount on all workshops and services
- a free 20-minute consultation with our Director upon sign up
- advice, information and support in your writing activities
- career pathway support and opportunities
- access to a community of writers
- opportunities to meet industry professionals
- opportunities for publication and promotion