It can be difficult to know where to start as a freelance writer. How much should you charge? What makes for a good pitch? Which publications are right for you? Do you need an ABN and when do you register for GST? Can you claim expenses?
The freedom of being your own boss can be exhilarating but self-discipline and an understanding of best practice processes are crucial. All too often, freelancers can be overwhelmed by too much or too little work. Come along and learn tips on how to make the most of it from someone who’s been there.
Participants will learn:
- How to take a pitch from idea to payment
- The ins and outs of dealing with editors
- Setting up the business side of being a freelance writer: fees, ABN, invoicing etc.
- Organising workplaces and daily writing schedules
- Looking after yourself (physically and mentally) and staying true to your own vision
|Non-member||$ 115.00 (includes GST of $ 10.45)|
|Member||$ 77.00 (includes GST of $ 7.00)|