The mindshare Awards is a poetry and creative writing competition presented by mindshare, the Mental Health Coalition of SA, Writers SA and Access2Arts.
The competition is an opportunity for South Australian writers with lived experience of mental illness to share their stories, showcase their skills, discover new creative communities, and connect with industry professionals.
In 2020, we are offering four year-long Writers SA memberships for the category winners! Winners will receive:
- a $100 gift card for any Writers SA resources or services
- a free 20-minute consultation with the Writers SA Director upon sign up (support
workers and carers are welcome to attend)
- a further 30% discount on all Writers SA workshops and services
- advice, information and support in writing activities
- career pathway support and opportunities
- access to a community of writers
- opportunities to meet industry professionals
- opportunities for publication and promotion.
They will also receive a mindshare Awards plaque, $50 gift voucher, and the opportunity to be profiled and interviewed on the Access2Arts website. Shortlisted entrants will have their work displayed across Adelaide City’s Libraries as part of the MHCSA’s Mental Health Week mindshare Exhibition.
There are four (4) award categories for both published and unpublished poets and writers. The award categories are:
Unpublished Emerging Poets
For poets who are in their first 5 years of writing and have had no poems published. Entered poems must be no more than 50 lines.
Unpublished Emerging Writers
Writers who are in their first 5 years of writing and have had no creative writing published. Entered prose must be no more than 750 words.
Published Established Poets
Poets who have been writing for more than 5 years and/or have had poems published. Entered poems must be no more than 50 lines.
Published Established Writers
Writers who have been writing for more than 5 years and/or have had creative writing published. Entered prose must be no more than 750 words.
See here for guidelines and how to enter.