This $20,000 award is presented alongside the H.T. Priestley Medal for the best original book of the year dealing with any aspect of Australian life, first published by an Australian publisher in 2017.
Nominations open: 15th November 2017
Nominations close: 28th February 2018
Shortlist announced: July 2018
Winner announced: October 2018
To be eligible for the 2018 Colin Roderick Award, submissions:
- Must be an original work dealing with some aspect of Australian life.
- Must be first published between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2017.
- Must be published by an Australian publisher, although they can be printed off-shore.
- Can be in any genre including, but not limited to: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, prose or screen-play.
- Can be written by more than one author, or published by more than one publisher, in collaboration.
- Must be nominated, using the online form, by 28th February 2018 with publications being received no later than mid-March 2018.
- Eligibility of all nominations will be checked by Foundation staff.
- All eligible nominations will be forwarded to the judging panel for reading, shortlisting and selection of shortlist and winner.
- The shortlist will be published on this website in July 2018, and the winning entry announced at the awards dinner in October 2018.
How to submit
- Authors, publishers or other third parties entering publications must complete an online entry form for each title they wish to nominate.
- An email acknowledgement will be sent once your entry form is received.
- Four (4) copies of each book should be posted to the Foundation for Australian Literary Studies Ltd at:
Foundation for Australian Literary Studies Ltd,
C/o Building 4, Room 120James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, 4811
For further information:
Hannah Cameron, Foundation Administration Officer
[email protected] | 07 4781 5404