Categories are open to short and long form work across all genres and formats, including film, television, theatre and interactive media, with the winning scripts to be announced at a dedicated industry event in Melbourne.
• Eligibility for entry onto AWG’s Pathways Program
• Presentation of the winning scripts and screenwriters at a dedicated industry event to be held in Melbourne.
• Open to current financial AWG Associate Members. Membership must be valid at the time of entry and for the duration of the competition.
• Student Members wishing to enter the Monte Miller Award must upgrade their membership.
• AWG offers to waive the joining fee for new members joining to enter the Monte Miller Award. To take advantage of this special offer please become a new member online and enter the discount code
“MembershipMonteMiller” when prompted when you select your membership tier.
• New members will need to join for a minimum of 12 months.
• Entries close midnight Monday 23 October 2017
• Scripts must not have been professionally produced at the time of entry.
• Entries may be feature film, television series or miniseries, web series, radio, documentary, theatre, animation or interactive media.
• Entrants must own all the rights to the script being entered
• The entry fee is $38.50 (GST inclusive)
• All entries for the Monte Miller Award are to be completed online, including uploading synopsis and script documents
• Scripts must be presented and formatted to industry standards. You can find Screen Australia’s suggested script layout here or Australian Plays’ suggested script layout here.
• All instances of collaborations and authorship must be declared in the entry form. Co-writers are not required to be AWG Members however co-writers may not be Full Members of AWG.
Download the full 2017 Monte Miller information kit, including entry guidelines, here
All enquiries regarding the 2017 Monte Miller Award should be directed to
[email protected] or 02 9319 0339.