Categories are open to short and long form work across all genres and formats, including film, television, theatre and interactive media, with the winning scripts to be announced at a dedicated industry event in Melbourne.
• Eligibility for entry onto AWG’s Pathways Program
• Presentation of the winning scripts and screenwriters at a dedicated industry event to be held in Melbourne.
• Open to current financial AWG Associate Members. Membership must be valid at the time of entry and for the duration of the competition.
• Student Members wishing to enter the Monte Miller Award must upgrade their membership.
• AWG offers to waive the joining fee for new members joining to enter the Monte Miller Award. To take advantage of this special offer please become a new member online and enter the discount code
“MembershipMonteMiller” when prompted when you select your membership tier.
• New members will need to join for a minimum of 12 months.
• Entries close midnight Monday 23 October 2017
• Scripts must not have been professionally produced at the time of entry.
• Entries may be feature film, television series or miniseries, web series, radio, documentary, theatre, animation or interactive media.
• Entrants must own all the rights to the script being entered
• The entry fee is $38.50 (GST inclusive)
• All entries for the Monte Miller Award are to be completed online, including uploading synopsis and script documents
• Scripts must be presented and formatted to industry standards. You can find Screen Australia’s suggested script layout here or Australian Plays’ suggested script layout here.
• All instances of collaborations and authorship must be declared in the entry form. Co-writers are not required to be AWG Members however co-writers may not be Full Members of AWG.
All enquiries regarding the 2017 Monte Miller Award should be directed to
[email protected] or 02 9319 0339.